Mormon Discussion Inc. is a Federally approved Non-Profit (as of 2014)
[2023 Tax Filing] (will be hyperlinked once filing is completed)
* Jan 1st 2023 Bill Reel is set to transition over to full time employment as the executive director of Mormon Discussion Inc. Because of such, Bill Reel’s salary was increased to $100k annually (This was approved September 2022).
2022 Tax Filing
* The board, in order to deal with significant growth, increased Bill Reel’s salary to $65k annually (This was approved late October 2021).
* We had a goal to increase the female voices within our lineup and brought on 6 female podcasters including Brittney Hartley to co-host the “Almost Awakened Podcast” and Teri Hales who is the host of the podcast “Emancipate Your Mind” which was an existing podcast that merged under our umbrella.
* We added three women to our board of directors to increase women’s voices within our board.
* A Female (Maven) was brought on to help with productions on our live Show “Mormonism Live”
2021 Tax Filing
* As Mormon Discussion Inc. continues to grow, adjustments and changes were needed to help us facilitate the continued growth in ways that best supports the Non-Profit. While Bill Reel continues to create content including for Mormon Discussion, Almost Awakened, Mormonism LIVE !; he is no longer paid royalties for content but is instead paid a salaried position as Executive Director of Mormon Discussion Inc. The Salary going into 2021 was $15k
* The Non Profit also rents an office inside the home of the Reel’s for $200 a month and reimburses them for our portion use of their utilities and internet.
* The Hosts of the Podcasts “Marriage on a Tightrope” & “Radio Free Mormon” are paid royalties via 1099 as subcontractors for their creative content.
* In May 2021 the Board of Directors approved an increase in Salary to $40k for Bill Reel as Executive Director of Mormon Discussion Inc.
* On Nov 18 2021 Bill paid back $7k of the loan issued to him in 2019 leaving a balance of $4,439.00
* On Dec 23 2021 Bill paid the final balance $4,439.00 of the loan issued to him in 2019.
2020 Tax Filing
* The Hosts of the Podcasts Marriage on a Tightrope, Radio Free Mormon, Almost Awakened, Mythical Jesus, & Mormon Discussion, were paid royalties via 1099 as subcontractors for their creative content.
* Bill Reel paid back $1,510 towards the loan issued to him in 2019 leaving a balance of $11,439
* While Bill Reel was paid royalties for his creative content on multiple podcasts, Neither he nor any member of the board was paid anything for their service to the Non-Profit.
* Mr. Reel was paid $19,709 in 2020 in the form of royalties.
* Mormon Discussion Inc. raised $110,790 in donations in 2020.
2019 Tax Filing
* Mormon Discussion Inc. brought in $79,682 in donations
* The Hosts of the Podcasts Marriage on a Tightrope, Radio Free Mormon, Almost Awakened, Mythical Jesus, Cognitive Dissidents & Mormon Discussion, were paid royalties via 1099 as subcontractors for their creative content.
* 2019 was the first Tax Year that we needed to file a 990E
* The Board issued a loan to Bill Reel during 2019 which is to be paid back by the end 2022 in the amount of $12,949.
* While Bill Reel was paid royalties for his creative content on multiple podcasts, Neither he nor any member of the board was paid anything for their service to the Non-Profit other than the loan noted above.
2014 through 2018 We filed a 990N Postcard which all organizations do who bring in $50k or less
2014 through 2016 is stored HERE